Washing dishes is the most boring and tedious thing you prefer doing, especially at night. When you see your sink field with those dirty utensils it spoils your entire mood that lit up after a huge party, at your place. Working couples divide their household duties accordingly but each one has to wash dishes on alternate days. This is why companies invented dishwasher to bring back your life from hell to heaven.
The first lave-vaisselles was introduced by Joel Houghton in 1850 which was a handmade wood device. Water sprayed into the device while it was started by hand. Since it was unreliable and slow therefore, another machine was introduced in 1865 by L.A. Alexander. However, this device wasn’t accepted by public and was complete failure. Finally in 1887, Joesphine Cochrane with the help of mechanic George Butters came out with a dishwasher that was given the name of Lavaplatos.
In 1929, finally the first electronic dishwasher was invented in Europe by Miele. In UK, a non electric dishwasher was introduced by William Howard Livens in 1924, which had the same features that we have today in most electronic dishwashers, a front loading with racks to hold unclean crockery and drying spinner. By 1970, dishwasher was commonly used by many residents in Europe and North America. Now more that 80 percent of homes have dishwasher with latest technology.
The remaining 20 percent are still struggling with liquid detergent and scrubber. Here are the benefits of a dishwashing machine for them –
- When you wash crockery with hands, due to soap, it sometimes slips and breaks which make you extra careful while cleaning and that consumes time because you do it slowly. Dishwashers are meant to handle crockery and fancy items with surety of not breaking or cracking.
- You can store your dirty dishes in dishwasher if you wish to keep it away from sight. Also you don’t mess your kitchen by spilling water and liquid detergent everywhere.
- The water’s temperature in dishwasher is around 130 Fahrenheit which with different stages of cleaning process sanitizes your utensils this means that it is safe to put your baby’s bottles in it.
- You will save time by not washing utensils with hand, that time can be utilized in doing something that was delayed for days.
- A dishwasher uses minimal water and electricity, also the detergent used to wash utensils in machine has less phosphate than compared to the one which is used while washing with hands.
To avoid the question “whose time is it to wash dishes” every day and end up with an argument, make an easier choice by purchasing the best dishwasher for your house. You may never know the same question can change to “I’ll take care of dishes”, anytime soon.